Results You Can Trust
If you are experiencing early pregnancy symptoms, including a late period, your first step is taking a pregnancy test. At Assurance, we provide no-cost, clinical-grade pregnancy testing.
You need to be confident you are getting accurate results.
Isn’t My Home Pregnancy Test Enough?
Even if you have already taken a home pregnancy test, it is important to take a medical grade test to verify the positive test. Over-the-counter pregnancy tests have different sensitivity levels to the pregnancy hormone, human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). Our pregnancy tests are clinical-grade.
Although rare, getting a false positive or false negative test result is possible. To be confident in your results, follow these suggestions:
- Don’t take the test too early. A pregnancy test is more accurate the longer you wait. We suggest waiting at least a day or two past your expected period.
- Follow the directions carefully. Check the expiration date, and be sure to read the directions first.
- Wait for the exact amount of time. Check the results in the time suggested.
- Take the test in the morning when your urine is most concentrated.
The Tests Were Positive. Now What?
If your pregnancy is unplanned, we imagine you are upset and perhaps frightened. It’s okay. We understand.
Our team of professionals believes confidential medical services plus accurate information equals an informed decision.
In other words, when you have all the information you need, you are ready to make a confident, empowered decision for your future.
Your next step is an limited obstetric ultrasound. Believe it or not, positive pregnancy test results do not provide all the necessary information. You need the following questions answered:
- Is the pregnancy viable (growing), or am I at risk for a miscarriage?
- Where is the pregnancy located? Some pregnancies develop in a dangerous location.
- How far along am I? If you are contemplating abortion, procedures are determined by the length of your pregnancy.
Get the facts you need before moving forward. We can help you with a no-cost limited obstetric ultrasound scan. Contact us to schedule your appointment as soon as possible.